YOUR IMPORTANT MORTGAGE CHECKLIST
As a Grimsby mortgage broker, I am aware of the importance of understanding the mortgage process. The entire process can change based on a variety of circumstances, but there are a few aspects that remain relatively the same from client to client.
Throughout my years of experience in the mortgage industry, I have learned that taking the first step is the hardest part and that is mainly because most people start out without knowing the basics of how the process goes and what they should expect.
At Canadian Mortgage Authority, we want all our clients to feel comfortable and knowledgeable while they work with us to reach their home financing goals.
The following information should give you a better idea of what to expect from the mortgage process. We hope this helps make the process seem less intimidating!
Mortgage Process Checklist:
- Contact one of our mortgage brokers and let them guide you on the following
- Create a financial plan, which includes saving, and credit management
a separate savings account for your down-payment
- Budget for additional expenses (legal fees, etc.)
- Collect all pertinent documentation and financial information including
- Your mortgage broker will now prequalify you for a mortgage
- Start working with a Realtor. Your mortgage broker can refer you to reputable agents in your area if you don’t have an existing relationship with one
- Narrow down your home search
- Make an offer to purchase a home
- Your broker will secure a mortgage approval for the purchase
- Select a lawyer to close the transaction
- Purchase home insurance
- Closing day, provide down-payment to your lawyer, sign on the dotted line and move in!
You have now officially made it through the mortgage process!
The mortgage process checklist above does not cover every aspect of every client’s mortgage process, but it does include the most important and common steps in the process.
Whether you are purchasing a home as a first-time home buyer or as an experienced investor, we hope you find this checklist helpful as you embark on the mortgage process.
As always, we are here to help you along the way and answer any questions you may have about your home financing and the mortgage process itself.